Why Choose Dental Implants?
- Dental Implants are strong and stable; restoring a lost tooth so that it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth!
- Dental Implants are a long-term solution. They can last a lifetime when properly placed and cared for over time, unlike traditional tooth-supported dental bridges which only last 5-7 years.
- Dental Implants help to retain your natural face shape, and smile. A face without teeth can sag and appear sunken and sad. Dental Implants allow you to maintain the natural shape of your face and smile.
- To speak easily again! Adjusting to removable dentures can mean struggling to pronounce everyday words. Not so with Dental Implants, which function like natural teeth.
- Eat your favorite foods again! Taste and enjoy the foods you love without hesitation. You can bite naturally and eat virtually anything you want with Dental Implants.
Are Dental Implants Right For Me?
Dental Implants are ideal for people of all ages who have lost teeth or will have teeth removed. Implants can be used for:
Single tooth replacement: An implant is placed so that it is in direct contact with the bone. It will require 4 – 6 months to fuse to the bone before it can have a tooth restoration attached to it. Once the implant has fused to the bone and healed, an abutment is attached to the implant. This joins the implant to the crown, and is visible in the mouth.
Fixed dental bridge support: Once the implants are securely fused to the bone, the abutments are attached to the implants. Then a custom-made bridge, that matches your existing teeth, will be securely attached to the implants.
Implant supported dentures: If all of your lower teeth are missing, 2 – 6 implants can be placed to support and hold a complete lower denture firmly in place.
You must meet the following criteria at a minimum to be considered for implants:
- Be in good medical and oral health
- Have healthy gum tissues
- Have enough jaw bone to anchor implants
- Commit to continuous care of your implants and gums
Procedures are available to prepare your mouth for implants, including bone grafting and sinus augmentation. Dr. Luke Singh, DMD performs implant surgery at our Steinbach office and can help determine which is best for you. Call 204.326.6647 to book your consult.
Click here for more information about Implants from the Canadian Dental Association.